Terms & Conditions of Purchase
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read our Terms and Conditions of Purchase. By completing a purchase from Theatre Royal Sydney, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, a reference to TEAP is to Trafalgar Entertainment Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd ABN 94 628 277 136 operating the Venue, Theatre Royal Sydney.
- By purchasing a ticket or other products (including Food & Beverage and merchandise) from TEAP including from the Venue, online or over the phone or through an authorised sales channel, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- Tickets are sold or issued by TEAP as an agent for the organisation(s) which are producing, managing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the event, performance or service for which the ticket is sold or issued (Hirer)
- The name of the Hirer is usually shown on the front of the ticket but is also available from TEAP. TEAP has no control over, or liability, for the performance of the event by the Hirer. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are against the Hirer and not TEAP, except where you have legal rights against TEAP under the Australian Consumer Law.
- The Venue’s conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket purchase. These Venue terms and conditions of entry are available online.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice (LPA Code), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. A copy of the LPA Code is available on the LPA website.
- Your ticket may be subject to additional booking terms. Should there be any additional terms, you will be notified prior to purchase. For example, a Hirer may issue special booking terms applicable to a particular event or if your ticket is to a timed ticketed exhibition, your ticket will only be nominated for your session time. Should there be any inconsistency between these additional booking terms and the Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- TEAP may update, vary or replace these Terms and Conditions at any time, including for specific events. Changes will be made effective by posting them on the Venue’s website at theatreroyalsydney.com
- By making a purchase through TEAP or an authorised sales channel, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions that apply at the time of purchase.
- Tickets are only valid when purchased through TEAP including from the Venue, online or over the phone or through an authorised sales channel. TEAP reserves the right to refuse entry or cancel and not refund any ticket it reasonably believes has been bought from an unauthorised seller.
- In the case of an event cancellation, a refund will be provided to the original ticket purchaser. If you purchased a ticket from an unauthorised seller, you have no rights to a refund from TEAP and may be at risk of no refund from that unauthorised seller.
- Where TEAP has reasonable grounds to believe that you are seeking to purchase tickets or have previously purchased tickets for the purpose of reselling tickets at a premium to face value, TEAP reserves the right to block you from purchasing further tickets and transacting on TEAP’s website.
- TEAP may place limits on the number of tickets you can purchase in the interests of maintaining fair access to tickets. TEAP reserves the right to cancel and not refund any purchases exceeding those limits.
- TEAP will advise any known sight obstruction or restriction information which may be applicable to an event, prior to the purchase of a ticket.
- Use of bots or automated means of purchase are strictly prohibited. TEAP reserves the right to cancel and not refund tickets where it is known or reasonably suspected that bots or automated means of purchase have been used to complete a purchase.
- Without the written permission of TEAP, tickets may not be onsold at a premium including unauthorised resale sites, or used for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes such as competitions. TEAP may cancel tickets with no refund or refuse to allow entry to the Venue should this condition be breached.
- Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment. The delivery method available for each event may vary. In most cases, the only available delivery method will be digital ticket delivery (mobile or print at home).
- Should you be required to collect tickets from the Venue box office, these will be available from the Theatre Royal Sydney during standard operating hours and from one hour prior to a show by the credit card holder or an authorised representative. The person collecting the tickets may need to present a confirmation email, the credit card used to make the purchase, photo identification and valid proof of any concession entitlement.
- Each valid ticket has a unique identifier. This unique identifier allows one entry only. If multiple ticketholders or tickets with the same unique identifier present at the Venue for an event, only the first copy will be scanned and all subsequent tickets may be denied access, subject to verification. The Venue reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of purchase.
- You acknowledge that TEAP may be required to collect contact tracing information from you and each member of your booking party prior to delivering your tickets. This includes the first name and phone number of each person who attends the Venue including children and babies.
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST (where applicable). A tax invoice is available upon request to TEAP.
- Prices are subject to change without notice
- A Handling Fee may apply to each transaction. You will be notified of this fee prior to your purchase.
- You declare that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket
- If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error was due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), TEAP may cancel the order or the purchase and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price, subject to availability.
- During the course of selling tickets to an event, we may alter the price of tickets on sale in response to varying levels of consumer demand. Such alterations do not affect the Terms and Conditions applying to tickets purchased before the price change and do not entitle you to claim a refund on your ticket price or the difference between your ticket price and the newly adjusted ticket price.
- Prior to making an online purchase, you may be required to register for a user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your account and must not provide it to any other person. TEAP will never ask you for your user password.
- You are responsible for the use of the online purchase function and all transactions conducted using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, you should notify TEAP immediately and reset your password.
- Where tickets are lost, damaged, misplaced or stolen, TEAP may charge an administration fee to issue a replacement ticket and may require proof of purchase and identity prior to issuing a replacement
- TEAP reserves the right not to provide a replacement ticket where tickets are for general admission rather than reserved seating or if the request has not been received in a reasonable time prior to the event
- TEAP is an affiliate of the Companion Card program and admits carers to ticketed events (but not to any associated additional items such as Food & Beverage or VIP events) as ticketed complimentary guests. The companion must sit in the nearest available seat to the cardholder to assist them during their visit.
- The use of a Companion Card is restricted to people who are unable to participate at a particular venue or event without attendant care support. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website.
- Only the person whose photograph and name appear on the card can use the Companion Card
- A valid Companion Card or Companion Card number must be produced at the time of purchase, the point of ticket collection and/or on request to gain access to the Companion Card Program offer
- The Companion Ticket is not valid unless the cardholder is present at the event to which the ticket relates
- The Companion Ticket holder may be charged for the ticket if the requirements above are not met
- Attendance at the Venue or an event and the right of admission is reserved by TEAP, the Venue and/or the Hirer (as applicable)
- By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s Terms and Conditions of Entry which are available from here.
- The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
- You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- The Hirer may add, withdraw or substitute artists (including the opening act/s) or vary advertised programs, performance times, Venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
- Seating areas of a Venue may be closed with or without prior notice. If a ticketed seating area is no longer available, you will be relocated to another area of the Venue within a location of comparable value to the seat number on your ticket.
- Information about events with adult themes and recommended age for ticket holders will be available on our website for your review prior to purchasing tickets
- For some events, the artist or Hirer may encourage audience members to actively engage with the performance in some way, for example by standing up, waving or dancing. This may impact on visibility in some seating locations. Where this is known to TEAP, you will be advised of any restricted viewing information prior to purchase.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable break and may be seated in alternate locations to avoid disruption
- Once an event has commenced, admittance or re-admittance to the Venue will usually be during a suitable break in the Event and may be to a different seating location. For some events, admittance or re-admittance may not be possible.
- In any of the circumstances set out above, tickets may not be refunded or exchanged except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law)
1. TEAP does not provide refunds after a purchase has been confirmed except as outlined in these terms and conditions or if required by law. Changes to personal circumstance, inability to attend the event or change of mind do not constitute grounds for a refund.
2. Where an Event reschedules or significantly relocates due to Intervening Circumstances as defined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Consumer Code), we may advise you of a cut-off date for requesting a refund. The cut-off date will be at least four (4) weeks from the date on which we announce the rescheduled or relocated event unless the date of the new event is less than eight (8) weeks away, in which case you must apply for a refund prior to the mid-point between the announcement and the event. For example, if the new event is six (6) weeks away, you will have three (3) weeks in which to request a refund. The exact cut-off date will be communicated to you when you are notified of the change to your event. You will not be entitled to a refund if your request is made after the cut-off date.
3. Where an Event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated for reasons other than Intervening Circumstances as defined in the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Consumer Code), refunds will be provided as required by law and otherwise as outlined in the Consumer Code. Neither TEAP nor the Hirer will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car parking, childcare and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
4. Where an Event reschedules or significantly relocates for reasons other than Intervening Circumstances as defined in the Live Performance Australia Industry Code, refunds will be provided as outlined in the Consumer Code.
5. If a refund is to be issued, they will be issued in line with the below:
- Refunds will be paid to the original ticket purchaser. Proof of identity and and/or proof of purchase may be requested.
- Refunds will be processed using the original method of payment. If the original method of payment was cash, a refund will be issued via bank transfer.
- Refunds may not necessarily be available at the time the refund is requested. Where possible a guide for timeframe for refunds will be communicated. Reimbursement of funds may vary from communicated timeframes based on your financial institution. TEAP cannot be held accountable to the timeframe provided.
- Refunds will be limited to the face value of the ticket plus any Handling Fee applied to the specific ticket purchase. Refunds will not include costs imposed by external suppliers that you were not obliged to incur but chose to incur, such as registered or express post fees, courier charges or insurance. Where tickets to multiple events are purchased in a single order, TEAP will not refund the service charge.
6. For certain shows, tickets may be exchanged for different performances of the originally purchased production. Exchanges must be made no later than 48 hours prior to start of the originally ticketed performance. Exchanges may not be made for the same performance and are subject to availability, blackout dates, sold-out performances and other restrictions. Exchanges may not be made to reduce the total number of tickets or a lesser category than originally purchased. A $10 per ticket fee applies up to a maximum of $30 per exchange transaction. If a customer needs to exchange to a later performance due to COVID19, the exchange fee is waived. Complimentary tickets and resold tickets are not eligible for exchange and other restrictions may apply. Exchange policy may change or be revoked without notice.
7. In relation to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, you will be entitled to an exchange if you or a member of your booking party falls into any of these categories:
- You are unable to travel to attend the event due to border restrictions
- You or they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results). The symptoms of COVID-19 include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
- You or they are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to:
- being a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and are awaiting test results
You must contact us as soon as possible if you or a member of your booking party falls into any of these categories. TEAP representatives may request supporting evidence in order to finalise your exchange or refund where required by law.
If you are no longer able to attend your event due to one of the above reasons, please contact our Box Office no later than two hours prior to the start of the originally ticketed performance.
- Children who have not yet turned two years old will generally be admitted into an event at no cost and without a ticket. In these cases, children will not be allocated a seat and must be seated on an accompanying adult’s lap for the duration of the event.
- Some events do require children under the age of two to be admitted with a ticket, particularly for performances specifically programmed for this age group. If this is the case, this requirement will be clearly stated prior to purchase including on the Venue’s website.
- Any person (regardless of age) interrupting the enjoyment of other visitors may be asked to leave an event and/or the Venue. If you find your child has become vocal or too restless to stay in their seat, please step outside into our foyer and you will be able to watch and listen to a live feed of the show until your child is settled enough to return to the auditorium.
- Please be aware that tripping hazards, row spacing, stairs and lack of light in the auditorium during a performance can be hazardous when carrying a child within the theatre. Production elements such as loud music, bright lights pyrotechnic stage effects and show content can also cause distress to children.
- Schools and other group tickets are subject to availability and additional conditions may apply
- All persons under 15 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue. This includes all bar areas and dining rooms where alcohol is served. Proof of age may be required by the Venue.
- Merchandise and other products such as food and beverage products will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law)
- If you received your ticket or other product as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise at no cost, these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition apply to your use of the ticket.
- You may be asked to provide personal information (including email address, postal address and other contact information) when making a purchase. Please ensure that you provide current, complete, and accurate information. If you do not provide personal information when requested, we may not be able to fulfil your order and may not be able to contact you to give you information about the event or to advise you of changes to the event including cancellation.
- By making a purchase, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information as set out in the TEAP’s Privacy Statement which is available here.
- You enter the Venue at your own risk
- You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property
- By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of TEAP, the Venue or the Hirer.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), TEAP and the Hirer are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience arising as a result of your attendance or non-attendance at the Venue and/or the event. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of TEAP and the Hirer is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
- We value your feedback, both positive and negative. You can provide your comments by contacting us here or posting your comments to:
Theatre Royal Sydney.
GPO Box 305
Sydney NSW 2001
If you experience a problem or issue whilst at our Venue, please let our staff know promptly and we will use reasonable endeavours to address the issue.
- These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the Venue’s website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.