Privacy & Cookies Policy
Theatre Royal Sydney & Trafalgar Entertainment Privacy & Cookies Policy
- 1.1 Thank you for visiting the Theatre Royal Sydney (Theatre) website (site), which is operated by Trafalgar Entertainment Asia-Pacific Pty Limited (which together with its affiliates is referred to as we, us or our). We are an entity bound by the Australia Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). When we refer to you and your we mean you, the person using or visiting our site, making purchases with us, or otherwise interacting with us.
2. ABOUT US
- 2.1 TRAFALGAR ENTERTAINMENT ASIA-PACIFIC PTY LIMITED (ABN 94 628 277 136) is a company registered in Australia and its postal address is GPO Box 305 Sydney NSW 2001.
3. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3.1 Information we collect directly from you
We may collect your personal information when you:
- submit your details to us in order to be added to our mailing list;
- make an enquiry, provide feedback, or otherwise deal with us over the phone, by email or on our site;
- fill out a feedback form at any of our theatres or events;
- enter one of our promotions or surveys;
- submit correspondence to us by post, email, or via our site (for example, we may keep a record of that correspondence);
- visit our site, which may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information - this personal information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies (and for more information on cookies please see paragraph 8 below);
- submit a CV or an application for a job vacancy;
- attend an interview or assessment;
- ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to, or interact with, our social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter; or
- visit our theatre and offices and your image and/or voice is captured by our CCTV cameras.
- 3.2 Information we receive from third parties
We may collect your personal information from the following third parties:
- Service providers: We may collect your personal information from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you have requested. For example, if you have purchased a ticket to a production at the Theatre, your details will be shared with us by the Theatre’s ticketing provider so that we can manage seating and your booking at the Theatre. We may also engage third parties to operate our technology or sites for us. These entities may collect personal information directly from you about your visits to the site on our behalf.
- Social media plugins: we currently use social media plugins from the following service providers: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube. By providing your social media account details you are authorising that third-party provider to share your personal information with us.
- Employers, recruitment agencies and referees: if you are a job applicant we may contact your recruiter, current and former employers and/or referees, to provide personal information about you and your application.
- Your contacts: We may also collect your personal information from third parties, where you have consented to such third party sharing your personal information with us for specific purposes. For example we might receive your personal information from third parties if you have indicated to that third party that you would like to hear from us, with more information about our services.
4. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 4.1 The types of personal information we may collect might include (but is not limited to)
- identity and contact data: your name, address, email address and phone number;
- survey data: any information that you provide as part of our surveys; and
- employment data: if you are submitting a job application, you may provide information about your academic and work history, qualifications, references, and any other such similar information that you may provide to us.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1 We collect, hold, use and/or disclose your personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable for the conduct of our business, which includes:
- to provide you with access to our site including sharing your personal information with our site hosts and developers (to ensure our site is presented in an effective and optimal manner);
- to provide you with our goods and / or services or perform a contract we have with you;
- to provide you with your personal information if you request it from us;
- to keep in contact with you about our news, events, new site features and services or productions at the Theatre that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to interact with you on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, for example, responding to comments and messages, posting, ‘retweeting’ and ‘liking’ posts);
- to provide customer service and support or deal with enquiries, and share your personal information with our website developer and IT support provider for that purpose;
- to enable you to take part in prize draws, competitions, and surveys;
- to process any job applications you submit to us, whether directly or via an agent or recruiter including sharing this with our third party recruitment agency;
- to improve our site and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective and optimal manner;
- to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general consumer engagement with our sites and services;
- to enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations or our policies and procedures, to enforce, protect or defend any legal rights (including those of third parties such as producers of shows performed at the Theatre), to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and to share personal information with our technical and legal advisors;
- to enable us to assist managing your booking, seating and access requirements to a production or event at the Theatre; and
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity, including identity fraud.
- 5.2 We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
6. WHO WE MIGHT DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
- 6.1 In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above, and in addition to the recipients of your personal information as described above, we may share your personal information with third parties such as:
- our subsidiaries and/or affiliates where reasonably necessary in connection with any of the purposes outlined in paragraph 5.1 above;
- our service providers any other selected third parties that we work with where reasonably necessary for the purposes of delivering you any services that you request from us. This includes, for example, third party subcontractors or service providers who help us host our site and provide our ticketing services, IT, system administration and security services, marketing and advertising services, payment services, legal, accountancy and other professional advice services and recruitment services;
- any other selected third party that you consent to our sharing your personal information with for marketing purposes;
- any prospective seller or buyer of our business or assets, in the event that we decide to sell or buy any business or assets;
- any other third parties (including regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government bodies) where required or permitted by law or where necessary to enable us to enforce or protect our legal rights; and
- our ticketing providers and promoters, producers and presenters of events at, and/or hirers of, the Theatre for their own customer research purposes, database management or maintenance and other administrative purposes.
7. OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE
- 7.1 The disclosure of your personal information with third parties as set out above will, where necessary, involve the transfer and processing of personal information outside of Australia. The purpose for which we would transfer your personal information overseas is for analysis purposes only and the countries to which it would be transferred are the United Kingdom, Ireland, mainland Europe and the United States of America.
- 8.2 If you do not want cookies installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the site and your experience may be less satisfying without using cookies.
9. HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
- 9.1 We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your personal information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use, such as:
- ensuring the physical security of our offices, theatres, and other sites;
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection;
- maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection training to, our employees; and
- limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work.
- 9.2 We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the personal information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it.
- 9.3 Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, you acknowledge that we cannot always guarantee the security of your personal information sent over the internet.
10. OUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
- 10.1 You have certain rights in respect of your personal information that we collect and hold, including:
- the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to your personal information, provided that:
- on the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access; and
- we may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us;
- the right to request that we correct or rectify your personal information, with the exception that:
- we are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so; and
- if we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing;
- the right to withdraw your consent for our use of your personal information (where we rely on your consent as set out in paragraph 5.1).
- 10.2 Please note that we may need to retain your personal information for our own record-keeping. We may also need to send you service-related communications relating to your use of our site or services even when you have requested not to receive marketing communications.
11. HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
12. WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO PROCESS YOUR REQUESTS
- 12.1 We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to enable you to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any party that has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- 12.2 We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
13. LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
- 14.2 We take all complaints seriously and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period. However, if you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint or are concerned that we may have breached the Privacy Act and or the APPs, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) using the details on the OAIC website: https://www.oaic.gov.au/