COVID Safe Information
Theatre Royal Sydney strives to create a safe and healthy environment for our patrons as well as our staff. We are excited to see you at the Venue and look forward to welcoming you in a COVID Safe way.
Some of the measures we have adopted to keep you and our team safe include:
- Strongly recommending mask wearing by all patrons who visit the venue
- Conducting regular sanitation and cleaning of the venue including in between performances
- Ensuring sufficient supply of hand sanitiser is available on-site
- Providing contactless e-ticket scanning options only (no paper tickets)
- Providing contactless payment options only (no cash)
- Encouraging all patrons to move swiftly to their seats once Auditorium doors are open to avoid crowding in the foyers
- Mandatory mask wearing for all Front of House, Bar and Box Office employees
- Upgraded ventilation facilities and a sustained supply of fresh air in the venue
Theatre Royal Sydney encourages the use of masks and getting the vaccination in order to best protect ourselves and our community. We have a mandatory vaccination requirement for all employees and contractors.
Current government advice allows us to operate at 100% capacity. Whilst this means patrons may be sitting side by side, we do encourage all visitors to the venue to practise social distancing where applicable.
Whilst we are looking forward to welcoming you to the Venue, we understand that COVID-19 and associated restrictions may still impact your visit to Theatre Royal Sydney. Therefore, if you or a member of your party experience any of the following, you will be entitled to an exchange at no cost:
You or they are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to:
- being a confirmed case of COVID-19
- being close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and having to isolate
- have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results)
If you are no longer able to attend your event, please contact our Box Office no later than two hours prior to the start of the originally ticketed performance.
Where an exchange is not possible a refund may be offered at the discretion of the venue or where required by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Consumer Code).
We are a registered COVID Safe business.
Updated 21 March 2022