COVID Safe Information
Theatre Royal Sydney strives to create a safe and healthy environment for our patrons as well as our staff. We are excited to see you at the Venue and look forward to welcoming you in a COVID Safe way.
Some of the measures we have adopted to keep you and our team safe include:
- Completing compulsory check in via the Service NSW QR code for contact tracing purposes
- Conducting regular sanitation and cleaning of the venue including in between performances
- Ensuring sufficient supply of hand sanitiser is available on-site
- Providing contactless payment options only (no cash)
We will be following all NSW Health guidelines and Public Health orders. Currently, government advice will allow us to operate at 75% capacity. Whilst this means patrons may be sitting side by side, we do encourage all visitors to the venue to practise social distancing where applicable.
We strongly encourage all audience members to get vaccinated as soon as possible so you don’t miss your chance to return to the theatre. We anticipate that NSW Government Public Health Orders will require proof of double vaccination or medical exemption as a condition of entry for all patrons 16+ to all entertainment venues including Theatre Royal Sydney. Theatre Royal Sydney have a mandatory vaccination requirement for all employees and contractors.
Whilst we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Venue, we understand that COVID-19 and associated restrictions may still impact your visit to Theatre Royal Sydney. Therefore, if you or a member of your party experience any of the following, you will be entitled to an exchange at no cost:
- You or they are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to:
- being a confirmed case of COVID-19
- having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- living in or having been in a high-risk area within Australia
- have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results)
- having returned from overseas
- You are unable to travel to attend the event due to border restrictions
- You feel unwell or if you are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste
If you are no longer able to attend your event, please contact our Box Office no later than two hours prior to the start of the originally ticketed performance.
Where an exchange is not possible a refund may be offered at the discretion of the venue or where required by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice (Consumer Code).
We are a registered COVID Safe business.